Team Hammond

This blog was created by Elli and Seth Hammond. And the letter "P"

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Vietnamese, I hardly knew thee.






Well if you look closely at my hands you will see that they are not grease monkey blackened but a dark black/purple from the wine. G.R. (my co-worker) says that he likes to go into the bank with his "inky" hands and hold up a 100 dollar bill looking at it closely and say, "Here's a good one" and deposit it. We're making wine at a furious pace. My boss allows me a lot of latitude to make my own wine. I have several batches going that I hope will turn out well. All the whites are picked and a few of the reds, but there are a few more reds to go. Maine was very nice, we spent most of our time in Acadia National Park. We hiked and drove around the park, it was nice but not a substitute for Alaska, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Sequoia, etc. I mean that the park was not on the same level as those greats. Andy and I had a good time though. I'm glad to be back with my wonderful wife. We drove Andy to D.C. to buy a used car from a guy who bought a 58' woodhull boat and country house outside the city for the price(he says) of a two bedroom dump near the city. He and his wife live on the boat most of the time I guess. Afterwards we took another tour the capital(for Andy) and ate at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was really good, but nothing like the deceased "Viet Garden." Vietnamese food is really wonderful. I miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home