Team Hammond

This blog was created by Elli and Seth Hammond. And the letter "P"

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Forget the apple butter, I want more turkey!






Apple Butter was really great, Elli and I had a excellent time. The title is referring to the great turkeys that were cooked over open flame for 6-8hours and were really the best I've ever had. I had a couple of the huge wings that were amazing and some other dark meat. Friday night we peeled the apples for several hours and chatted. We played games with the kids including ladder golf - you throw a 8-inch rope with a golf ball on each end and attempt to wrap it around one of three rungs(sp?) made of pvc pipe. They had the barrel train ride for the kids as well. They start the butter at 4am Sat. and after breakfast on Sat. I had my turn stirring the apple butter. We had to leave just as it was being canned/jarred at 4pm, hopefully G-ma will be bringing back our share of the spoils. We did a lot more, but I don't want to go on forever. However I will say that it is a really great tradition I hope will continue for many years and that we will be back next year. The picture of DJ is noteworthy not only because he is going for a cookie Lisa is holding behind her, but because after he got a piece of the cookie he walked over and gave it to another little boy. Neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home