Team Hammond

This blog was created by Elli and Seth Hammond. And the letter "P"

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Events

















Seth's franken-rotisserie worked well, as you can see from the photo. Those who ate it (Rick, Bob, Seth) said it tasted very good. We let Zach, Claire, and Hanna shoot the paintball gun, and they did pretty well for never having shot a gun. I think it's good for kids to learn how to handle firearms, and learning using a paintball gun could be a good way to start. As you can see with the photo of Zach, our garden is growing well, considering it only gets a couple hours of direct sunlight each day. Hannah ate our first raddish today.
It is getting pretty hot up here - it was above 90 today. So I guess summer is here. It was a very nice spring, though. I really enjoyed seeing the trees in bloom, then leaf out, and the constant parade of various flowers blooming one after the next.
There was something interesting we saw on tv the other night: the winning recipe for the Pilsbury Bake-Off was stuffing made out of toaster waffle sticks and a chicken glaze out of the syrup packets. I thought this didn't sound great, but it beat out lot of great-sounding recipes, so I guess I shouldn't judge a recipe before I taste it. Speaking of recipes, I made a black bean salsa that everyone seemed to really like today. The recipes usually call for corn, but since I don't like corn, I used canned rinsed black beans, diced orange bell pepper, tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and olive oil. I should probably experiment with new recipes more.
After everyone left we went to the Boonsboro fair, it was small. I had a caramel apple and Seth had a funnel cake and Gyro(pictured). -Elli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home