Team Hammond

This blog was created by Elli and Seth Hammond. And the letter "P"

Monday, May 01, 2006

Quilting and Gardening

Elli and I have started our first quilt. I know what you're going to say, "Yea right, Elli's quilting and you're watching." But I really have done most of the cutting, she doesn't like cutting. She'll probably do more of the sowing since I have never used a sowing machine. But I'm going to learn! Our garden is begging to grow. So far the Bibb lettuce, mustard greens, radishes, and turnips have sprouted. They are planted in a raised bed we built from old wood scraps( grandma's old beches and other wood she had in the old block house) and then filled with potting soil from Wal-Mart. Eighty or more bags at fourty pounds a piece. I got a busted lip from a seven year old girl - I should have ducked, I knew she had a mean left. No, Hannah fell while I was bench pressing her on the floor and split my lip open. It's not bad though. Zach won his game, it was really a great game. We had a great time with CHuck and Chris and their kids and will most likely see them next weekend as well. Tootleu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home